Jim Bernard wants to know:
As a fervent republican , how would you respond to this speech - if you were President Bush ?
NBA’s Etan Thomas, the Washington Wizards' Power Forward, delivered a blistering poetical speech as part of the weekend’s anti-war demonstrations in Washington DC. While you peruse it, note the areas of bold typeface I added.
“ Giving all honor, thanks and praises to God for courage and wisdom, this is a very important rally. I'd like to thank you for allowing me to share my thoughts, feelings and concerns regarding a tremendous problem that we are currently facing. This problem is universal, transcending race, economic background, religion, and culture, and this problem is none other than the current administration which has set up shop in the White House.
In fact, I'd like to take some of these cats on a field trip. I want to get big yellow buses with no air conditioner and no seatbelts and round up Bill O'Reilly, Pat Buchanan, Trent Lott, Sean Hannity, Dick Cheney, Jeb Bush, Bush Jr. and Bush Sr., John Ashcroft, Giuliani, Ed Gillespie, Katherine Harris, that little bow-tied Tucker Carlson and any other right-wing conservative Republicans I can think of, and take them all on a trip to the average poor black neighborhood. Not to do no 30-minute documentary. I mean, I want to drop them off and leave them there, let them become one with the other side of the tracks, get them four mouths to feed and no welfare, have scare tactics run through them like a laxative, criticizing them for needing assistance.
I’d show them working families that make too much to receive welfare but not enough to make ends meet. I’d employ them with jobs with little security, let them know how it feels to be an employee at will, able to be fired at the drop of a hat. I’d take away their opportunities, then try their children as adults, sending their 13-year-old babies to life in prison. I’d sell them dreams of hopelessness while spoon-feeding their young with a daily dose of inferior education. I’d tell them no child shall be left behind, then take more money out of their schools, tell them to show and prove themselves on standardized exams testing their knowledge on things that they haven’t been taught, and then I’d call them inferior.
I’d soak into their interior notions of endless possibilities. I’d paint pictures of assisted productivity if they only agreed to be all they can be, dress them up with fatigues and boots with promises of pots of gold at the end of rainbows, free education to waste terrain on those who finish their bid. Then I’d close the lid on that barrel of fool’s gold by starting a war, sending their children into the midst of a hostile situation, and while they're worried about their babies being murdered and slain in foreign lands, I’d grace them with the pain of being sick and unable to get medicine.
Give them health benefits that barely cover the common cold. John Q. would become their reality as HMOs introduce them to the world of inferior care, filling their lungs with inadequate air, penny pinching at the expense of patients, doctors practicing medicine in an intricate web of rationing and regulations. Patients wander the maze of managed bureaucracy, costs rise and quality quickly deteriorates, but they say that managed care is cheaper. They’ll say that free choice in medicine will defeat the overall productivity, and as co-payments are steadily rising, I'll make their grandparents have to choose between buying their medicine and paying their rent.
Then I'd feed them hypocritical lines of being pro-life as the only Christian way to be. Then very contradictingly, I’d fight for the spread of the death penalty, as if thou shall not kill applies to babies but not to criminals.
Then I’d introduce them to those sworn to protect and serve, creating a curb in their trust in the law. I’d show them the nightsticks and plungers, the pepper spray and stun guns, the mace and magnums that they’d soon become acquainted with, the shakedowns and illegal search and seizures, the planted evidence, being stopped for no reason. Harassment ain’t even the half of it. Forty-one shots to two raised hands, cell phones and wallets that are confused with illegal contrabands. I’d introduce them to pigs who love making their guns click like wine glasses. Everlasting targets surrounded by bullets, making them a walking bull's eye, a living piñata, held at the mercy of police brutality, and then we’ll see if they finally weren’t aware of the truth, if their eyes weren’t finally open like a box of Pandora.
I’d show them how the other side of the tracks carries the weight of the world on our shoulders and how society seems to be holding us down with the force of a boulder. The bird of democracy flew the coop back in Florida. See, for some, and justice comes in packs like wolves in sheep's clothing. T.K.O.d by the right hooks of life, many are left staggering under the weight of the day, leaning against the ropes of hope. When your dreams have fallen on barren ground, it becomes difficult to keep pushing yourself forward like a train, administering pain like a doctor with a needle, their sequels continue more lethal than injections.
They keep telling us all is equal. I’d tell them that instead of giving tax breaks to the rich, financing corporate mergers and leading us into unnecessary wars and under-table dealings with Enron and Halliburton, maybe they can work on making society more peaceful. Instead, they take more and more money out of inner city schools, give up on the idea of rehabilitation and build more prisons for poor people. With unemployment continuing to rise like a deficit, it's no wonder why so many think that crime pays.
Maybe this trip will make them see the error of their ways. Or maybe next time, we'll just all get out and vote. And as far as their stay in the Whitehouse is concerned maybe it will end soon. "
Bob Hurt responds:
Etan is driven to complain, as shown in the bold-faced areas of his speech, that blacks don't get enough free benefits from government, and that they cannot compete effectively for well-paying jobs.
- He tries to blame it on flaws in the education system and on police brutality, but he neglects to mention that half the black children do not graduate from high school, and the reason is this: many of them are unable to learn because they have low IQ because they were procreated by low-IQ parents who do not provide good role models, a proper diet, a sane environment, or a decent culture.
- He fails to mention that 70% of those children have no father at home because black men are irresponsible, due in part to the enormous public assistance their mates and children receive from their rich uncle, Sam.
- He ignores the reality that 20% of those children are born to children because parents do not rear their children to be moral and sexually responsible, and do not give them adequate supervision.
- He sidesteps the fact most black mothers have four or more children, even though they cannot adequately feed and clothe them, because the mothers are sexually irresponsible.
- He acts as though all inner city blacks have an inalienable right to public assistance at the expense of others. I do not see an inherent entitlement to welfare, nor a related government power to rob from the rich and give to the poor, enumerated in the constitution.
- No where did Etan complain that the hundreds thousands of public charities (including local churches) in America are too selfish to give impoverished blacks a helping hand. Of course, he has no complaint because few poor blacks avail themselves of such charities. First of all, few of them attend church, and second, they don't bother asking because they see the federal government as a big fat udder laden with warm milk for them to suck whenever they like.
The bottom line is this: Most of the racial problems in America stem from gene-based low IQ, the general unwillingness to face that fact frankly, and the refusal to set up systems to accomodate the stupid of today while gradually eliminating the stupid from future generations. In other words, the problem is not racial differences, but rather it is low IQ and the fact that people like Etan Thomas don't use their bully pulpit to get their listeners to face the facts about low IQ.
Blacks aren't alone in their suffering. Their IQ averages 85, but Mexican IQ averages 87, and there are about 30 million Caucasians with IQ below 85. I consider all people with IQ 85 and below to be relatively "stupid". The nation does not properly employ them because we have allowed manufacturing to run offshore where labor is cheaper. And our nation's schools do not properly channel low-IQ children into apprenticeships and life-long vocational training after they finish the 8th grade, the highest level a stupid child can tolerate.
The low IQ of blacks, non-white Hispanics, and Caucasians doesn't just affect them. It also adversely affects our nation and our civilization. Gross National Product is directly proportional to IQ, limited only by the nature of government. For details, read about the Smart Fraction Theory at La Griffe du Lion's web site. Thus, an over-sized population of stupid people is a direct cause of low productivity (GNP). Right now, there are about 90 million Blacks and non-white Hispanics (many of whom have black ancestry) in America, and about 40 million of them are in the stupid category. Of the 200 million Caucasians, about 33 million are stupid.
Since America's wage base has forced so many labor jobs offshore, America doesn't need as many stupid laborers as it once did. Since the stupid are the largest users of the criminal justice system and welfare, and therefore a terrible productivity burden on the nation, we should get eliminate them from future generations, humanely, of course. The way to do that is simple: don't let them procreate. Within 3 generations, there will be virtually no stupid people in America.
By preventing America's 73 million stupid people from procreating, the average IQ of the USA (compared to the 100 norm of the UK) will gradually rise to 110 or 115 , making the USA the smartest country on earth. With an average IQ of 98 (same as China and Australia), the USA already has the world's highest per-capita GNP (over $29,000). If my recommended program (see below) were implemented today, within 75 years the USA's GNP would jump to 35,000 or $40,000 in today's dollars. In the process, we'd see dramatic reduction in money money wasted on criminal justice, welfare, education, and lost productivity, and in loss of life and property to stupid criminals who cannot compete for the better jobs. As a consequence, the actual spendable reserves of the GNP would become enormous, enough to retire our national debt within a generation.
I'm not a Republican. However, if I were a second-term president like George Bush, I'd start pushing Congress to amend the constitution as necessary to pass laws that require this:
- Permanently sterilize all residents with an IQ below 90, all felons upon entering prison, and all insane people.
- Temporarily sterilize all fecund minors (until they reach the age of 21), and all indigents and welfare recipients (till self-sufficient for 5 years).
- Prohibit from voting all who are welfare recipients, felons, indigents, insane, under 25, or have an IQ less than 90.
- Incentivize parents with IQ above 100 to have 4 children per family, and those with IQ above 120 to have at least 6 children per family.
- Incentivize Northeastern Orientals, Ashkenazi Jews, and Europeans with IQ above 120 to emigrate to America.
- Prohibit all persons with IQ below 100 from entering the country for any reason, including asylum.
- Round up and eject all illegal aliens.
- Require all welfare recipients to work at community service projects under careful supervision in exchange for their welfare checks, food stamps, and subsidized housing.
- Incentivize state governments to set up separate vocational schools for students of IQ less than 90, and not educate such students acadamically beyond the 7th grade.
- Ban teachers unions and incentivize state governments to require all students to attend school 11 hours per day, 6 days per week, 11 months per year.
- Implement a crash program to eliminate the use of fossil fuels for energy.
- Re-establish the precious metals standard for currency, nationalize all precious metal resources, and return currency production to the US Treasury.
- Repudiate all indebtedness to the Federal Reserve and international banks.
Such a question ignores the reality that when the nation on the whole is smarter, it finds better ways to solve its labor problems than brute force. A smarter population will handle most of its labor problems with technology. Just one example is robotics. Robotic vacuum cleaners are already available to clean floors in homes.
The question also ignores the fact that there will be sufficient people with IQs between 90 and 100 to handle the menial jobs with which technology has not already dispensed. A college diploma is out of the question for nearly everyone of IQ below 110, and if primary education were properly rigorous, an IQ of 100 would be required to graduate from high school. Because the population will be smarter, the standards of education will naturally rise, and that will still leave quite a few people in the lower IQ levels to fill available labor jobs.
In addition, the available labor jobs will also offer higher compensation because the society will be much more affluent. As a result, laborers will not be inclined to resort to crime and welfare abuse to get by.
Oh, yes, I know some of the elements of are shocking, but so what? For circumstances to improve, there must be changes.
Here's the easiest intermediate step of reducing the ranks of the stupid in future generations: A Cash-for-Gonads program.
The government could simply offer hard cash to low-IQ residents, welfare recipients, the indigent, and the insane in exchange for being permanently sterilized. Most of them will be delighted. I'd start with $10,000 per person. A similar program could offer average and high-IQ fecund children $1000 for agreement to be sterilized temporarily via reversible vascectomy or tubal ligation. Both programs should be promoted heavily on TV, Radio, newspapers, and so on.
A related program could offer large tax incentives to average and high-IQ parents to have more children. Most such families have only 1 or 2 children, not enough to sustain the gene group. They should be encouraged to produce 4 to 8 children, and as many as 20 if the family is wealthy.
The way to solve Etan Thomas' s complaints is to procreate fewer stupid and more smart Americans, not to give dwellers of black ghettos even more largess with which to breed ever larger families and commit ever greater abuses of our welfare, education, and criminal justice systems.
# # #