To fix this, the unseen spiritual hierarchy of planetary and universe government sent seers, prophets, and revelators to wake up the people and get them back on track. The Bible records some of them. And other books like the Bhagavadgita, Book of Mormon, Qur'an, and Urantia Book record putative others. And others have gone somewhat less recorded, but have become nonetheless vibrant with followers.
Allow me to remind the reader of at least a few serious incidents of revelation:
- 2000 BCE - Melchizedek brought a revelation about monotheism to Abraham
- 650 BCE - Daniel revealed the appearance of Michael, the Universe ruler, to hearten the captive Jews; around the same time Gautama Siddhartha, Confucious, and Laozi spread their enlightened teachings in India and China
- 7 BCE - Jesus of Nazareth came into the world to spread his incomparable gospel of love, unselfish service, and forgiveness to the spiritually starved people of the Levant.
- 610 CE - Muhammad brought a new monotheism to the people of Arabia, and filled them with a zeal for converting the whole world to become submissive to the will of God.
- 1955 CE- The Urantia Foundation published The Urantia Book which purports its teachings as the 5th epochal revelation of truth to the people of this world.
Pay particular attention to the revelation to Muhammad. According to the Qur'an and other writings, Muhammad received a revelation from the angel Gabriel in the form of a message from God, and because of his illiteracy, he recited it to a scribe. Much of his recital has survived in the form of the Holy Quran. Islam means submission to God; Muslim means one who submits to God. He propounded 5 pillars to his new monotheist religion:
- Only one god exists: GOD. Muhammad is his prophet.
- People should worship God, praying 5 times daily.
- People should observe fasting during the month of Ramadan;
- People should give alms to the poor, widows, and orphans.
- People should make a pilgrimage to Mecca at least once in a lifetime.
Muhammad recognized the difficulty of remaining loyal to his recital, so he admonished his followers to struggle inwardly against injustice and the temptation to do wrong. He referred to this struggle as "holy jihad."
Against this magnificent backdrop of spiritual motivation, we have the murderous, torturous insanity of Islamic Terrorism, the effort to destroy EVERYTHING non-Muslim, and even fellow Muslims who don't tow the line.
In dealing with this paradox, we simply MUST acknowledge that God's spiritual agents probably sought out Muhammad to bring him this revelation during a time of abject darkness (the "dark ages of Christianity") when the light of Jesus' religious truth faced certain extinction, with only monks keeping it alive. But NO SANE person can possibly believe God's agents had Islamic Terrorism in mind.
We in the USA have seen in videos and photos the ISIS black flag with white Arabic script on it. I have symbolized it with the roll of black toilet paper in the photo below. Murderous men in black ninja outfits wave that horrid, evil flag around proudly, as though shoving its message up the bottoms of everyone else.
What does that script mean? Surely it must mean "We will blow you up and cut your heads off, and slaughter you any way we can, regardless of anything, and nothing will stand in our way." No, it doesn't mean that. It means this:
Top Line: "(There is) no god but Allah. Muhammad (is the) messenger (of) Allah." - The standard Muslim profession of faith encompassing the first pillar of Islam.
Circle: "Allah('s) messenger(,) Muhammad.'" - From a seal allegedly derived from Muhammad's long lost signet ring.
Regarding the words, I honor the monotheist message and Muhammad's effort to bring it to a spiritually starved people.
Regarding the black ISIS flag, I drop mud on the iniquitous terrorism for which it stands, and the terrorist cowards who hide their terrorism behind a potentially benign religion the way a bully hides behind his mother's skirt.
I wipe my bottom with that execrable black ISIS flag. As for the title of this article, I meant "The ROLL of ISIS in the West."